- Founding member, elected president for 6 years, Bryan Place Neighborhood Association.
- Board member for six years, Brother Bill’s Helping Hand, a west Dallas nonprofit charity.
- Mentored and “shepherded,” a small West Dallas Hispanic congregation to independence, self-governance, and self-sustainability.
- Board member and President of Clean Dallas East, a subsidiary of Clean Dallas.
- Board member and president, Clean Dallas, the local Keep America Beautiful Affiliate.
- Founding member, Citizens Coalition for Planning.
- Founding member, elected President, Citizens for Responsible Growth.
- Member, Love Field Citizens Action Committee.
- Appointed to Dallas Urban Rehabilitation Standards Board (URSB), a quasijudicial board responsible for reviewing properties being reviewed for demolition.
- Appointed to Dallas Zoning Ordinance Advisory Committee (ZOAC), the committee responsible for reviewing potential changes to zoning ordinances.
- BBA in Accounting, Baylor University
- JD University of Texas Law School
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Licensed Attorney, State of Texas
- Inventor and Patent Holder
- Worked as a CPA in a major Accounting Firm
- Founded Pacific Export Services to consult on Japanese Exports
- Owner of a small construction company
- Renovated and sold affordable single family housing in Dallas
- Developed, patented, produced, and marketed an oil filter wrench his company sold at major national retailers
- Currently developing rental housing at Pearlstone Mill and Elevator in Deep Ellum